The first thing that needs to be established in this article on the best Minnesota CBD Oil and where to buy it is the legal status of cannabis in the state. The reason why it is important to settle down is that you need to know whether you are eligible for purchasing CBD oil from Minnesota or not before you do so.
While the circulation of cannabis products is regulated by the federal bill and is generally allowed, certain states may alter it through their state laws. So, what is the situation like with Minnesota CBD oil?
Is CBD Oil Legal in Minnesota?
First of all, it needs to be said that there are two types of cannabis products based on the type of plant where cannabidiol was derived from. American law recognizes two types of cannabis Sativa plants used for getting the CBD extract. The one that has over 0.3% THC cannabinoids in its composition and the one that has less than that. The first one is considered to be marijuana, and subsequently, the CBD oil derived from such a plant would be classified as marijuana-derived cannabidiol oil. It is regulated by the Controlled Substances Act. The second one, that is lacking in TBH in its composition and therefore has minimal psychoactive compounds, is classified as hemp, or industrial hemp. The two fall under different regulations.
The legal status of marijuana CBD oil in Minnesota
As of now, the recreational use of weed is illegal in the state of Minnesota. This means that anyone purchasing, possessing, or consuming pot for recreational purposes is conducting criminal activity and is guilty of a criminal offense that has certain legal consequences.
However, this does not mean that the herb is completely illegal in Minnesota. Back in May 2014, Minnesota state authorities legalized the medical use of marijuana and enacted a restrictive medical marijuana program.
The bill outlines the illnesses and medical conditions that make patients eligible for being treated with medical marijuana (the list is not limited to the following illnesses):
- Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness
- Intractable pain
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- Tourette’s Syndrome.
However, if you are diagnosed with any of the aforementioned and have registered with a licensed doctor to become a part of Minnesota’s medical marijuana program, you are allowed to get marijuana.
This applies to marijuana-derived cannabis oil, too. You are only allowed to purchase it if you are a medical patient.
The legal status of hemp CBD oil in Minnesota
On the other hand, hemp is perfectly legal in Minnesota, which means products manufactured from it are, too! Circulation of hemp and hemp-based products are regulated by the 2014 Farm Bill since Minnesota has not implemented any additional laws to rule out the hemp situation. This makes hemp-derived CBD products Minnesota available to anyone interested in them.
The only thing to remember is that in Minnesota, you may only purchase cannabidiol oil if you are of legal age, which means you are 21 years of age or older.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Minnesota?
If you happen to be a medical marijuana patient in Minnesota, you may purchase the marijuana cannabidiol oil from your local dispensaries upon presenting your medical card.
However, if you are not a part of the Minnesota medical marijuana program and are not eligible for purchasing cannabis oil with higher levels of THC, you may find hemp-derived CBD oil at the shops that specialize in it. Fortunately, with the rapid development of the market and industry in general, there are appearing more and more new stores selling all the different types of CBD oil-based products starting from pure cannabidiol oil to CBD infused gummies and balm, to capsules, spray and salve. The choice is pretty much endless.
The only difficulty you might face is that Minnesota CBD companies are scattered across the state quite sparsely, with the biggest concentration of stores in large cities such as Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and St. Cloud. However, if you do not reside in one of these or within the sensible driving range, you might want to opt for a different way to buy CBD oil Minnesota. If any of your local stores sell the products you are looking for, we recommend turning to online stores. Those are often a much better option if you are interested in some niche or premium hemp oil and want to have a choice. Online shops have a much better selection of products, and the door to door delivery is a sweet bonus, too! Moreover, websites frequently offer lower prices on the same products, so if you want to save on your purchase, it is a great way to do that.
Nonetheless, if you are simply passing Minnesota and need to restock on your hemp oil reserves, or if you want to look around the store and get some real-time assistance from the knowledgeable staff, or if you live nearby and do not mind driving for a bit, you might want to check out CBD companies in Minnesota and the shops that sell their products. Below, we have compiled a list of the best CBD oil manufacturers Minnesota and where to buy them within the state!
Best CBD oil shops in Minneapolis
Minneapolis is the largest city in Minnesota by both population and area. So it is understandable that cannabis shops are abundant there. Regardless of which side of the city you go to, you will be able to find at least a couple of good stores offering CBD oil-based products for sale. In fact, a lot of cannabidiol oil users report that Minneapolis is one of the best cities for CBD oil shopping in the Midwest. Thus, if you happen to be there, check out the following highest-rated shops.
Best CBD oil shops in Minneapolis
- If you care about the environment and want to give back to the local community, you should consider shopping at The Wedge located by the address 2105 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55405. Located in the North end of the Lowry Hill East neighborhood, this community-minded store is perfect for CBD oil shopping since it offers so many options when it comes to cannabis products. It is important to point out that the products sold at the store are of the highest quality and are extremely fresh because The Wedge cooperates with local growers. In addition to that, you will also be able to find some of the rare products not offered anywhere else, such as high-quality niche CBD tinctures and spray.
- The Seward Community Co-op at 2823 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55406, is yet another local Minneapolis store that cares about ecology and sells natural organic products. This is not a CBD shop exclusively as it sells a wide range of other products not related to cannabis. Nonetheless, the selection of CBD oil-based products is impressive. There are a lot of various products at the lowest prices yet of premium quality. Moreover, a lot of reviews rave about the immaculate service The Seward Community Co-op provides to its customers. If you need any help with your purchase, feel free to ask the employees as they will be more than happy to assist you.
- Unlike the previous two spots in Minneapolis, The Green Machine located at 2409 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404, is not a co-op but rather a smoke shop. Nonetheless, it is still amazing for CBD oil shopping. Not only it offers its customers the best quality smoking products, but it also has a wide selection of various cannabidiol oil-based things. In addition to that, you may also ask for samples of some new products if you are not sure whether they are what you are looking for or not. Reviews of this 4.8-rated shop point out the professionalism of The Green Machine’s employees and their eagerness to help all the customers entering the shop.
Best CBD oil shops in Saint Paul
Minneapolis’s twin-city and Minnesota’s capital, Saint Paul, is another great city to look for CBD oil in Minnesota. There are several high-ranked stores that offer a wide variety of products for anyone interested in cannabidiol oil.
- Kelly’s Smoke Shop, located at 567 Stryker Ave., Saint Paul, MN, is a fairly new shop that has only opened recently. However, it does not mean it is not worth paying a visit. On the contrary, because of only having been in operation for a short period of time, it is eager to gain loyal customers, so the pricing strategy of the store is very pleasant. In fact, Kelly’s Smoke Shop offers hemp oil at one of the lowest prices in the twin cities.
- Imperial Vapor at 227 N. Snelling Ave., Saint Paul, MN, is one of the best vape shops in the twin cities that has an impressive selection of CBD oil-based products in addition to their immaculate catalog of vaping equipment and e-liquids. For instance, there you will be able to find CBD infused gummies, e-liquid with cannabidiol, and many other things.
Best CBD oil shops in St. Cloud
At last but not at least, you may also shop in St. Cloud as this city has a surprising number of great CBD oil retailers.
- CBD of St.Cloud at 3417 W Division St. St Cloud, MN 56301, is a herbal medicine store in St. Cloud that specializes in the sales of CBD oil products. There, you can find plenty of various types of hemp oil things, starting from the basic ones and ending with more advanced and rare products. The store keeps up with the latest trends, so if you are into following the market’s innovations, you can rely on CBD of St. Cloud to deliver you all of those.
- ProFusion CBD of St Cloud at 10 Washington Memorial Dr, St Cloud, MN 56301 is another mono-store in St. Cloud specializing in natural cannabis products. The store has direct supplies from the farmers, and therefore it can vouch for the freshness and quality of its products. Moreover, the assortment of the stuff they sell is not limited by oil only. Instead, the shop can boast a wide selection of various cannabidiol oil-based products.
Conclusion on Buying CBD Oil in Minnesota
Recreational marijuana is not legal in Minnesota, which makes you can only get weed CBD oil if you are a medical marijuana patient. Nonetheless, you can still purchase hemp-derived CBD oil, and you can get your hands on it at a lot of places. Minnesota’s market of cannabis oil retailers is growing rapidly with new and new stores opening around the state. Be sure to consult your doctor any time you decide to take such products.